Ideal candidate will be a professional with finance/accounting background. The candidate needs to be diligent, detail-oriented, and proficient in Microsoft Excel/Access.
Senior Accountant responsibilities:
- The position will be in Global Capital Markets (GCM) Controller team assisting with various tasks supporting P&L reporting, forecasting
- Month end close of the books and records for GCM and the Leveraged Acquisition Finance desk.
- Responsible for providing senior level analysis to ensure assigned workgroup(s) are reporting accurate financial data, in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Will assist managers with financial reporting, budget analyses, treasury accounting, and/or corporate level accounting activities
- 5+ years of professional accounting work experience required
- Must understand professional accounting theory, controls, and practices
- Automated General Ledger and other finance-related systems
- Advanced MS Excel, Access and Word required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Bachelors degree in accounting or finance, or equivalent work experience, required; CPA, CFA, CMA or MBA preferred
- Experience within a financial institution or corporate environment required