Financial Jobs NYC #21455
Are you an experienced team-player with accounting experience looking for your next career move? Do you have an understanding of OTC derivatives and excellent communication skills? If this sounds like you, then we may have a great opportunity for you!
We are currently seeking a Senior Accounting Assistant for a top New York City investment bank to assist with and develop any necessary accounting procedures. The ideal candidate will have an inherent nature to communicate clearly and support others needs with a strong background in bookkeeping or accounting.
Senior Support Accountant Responsibilities:
- Aid in the development of disclosures, reconciliations, and ad-hoc reporting to strategize a way to bring the balance sheet reporting team and the credit team together
- Assist with the creation and practice of new / updated accounting procedures
- Oversee and administer various accounting related projects (must have an in-depth knowledge of the relationship between systems, operations, and processes)
Senior Support Accountant Requirements:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or other related field
- 4+ years of experience in bookkeeping or accounting, preferably in the financial services industry
- Experience with 10-key and complex data entry
- Highly advanced communication skills (both written and oral) for frequent interactions with management and colleagues
- Expert-level knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Access)
This Senior Support Accountant role is a consulting position that is expected to last at least five (5) months with opportunity for direct hire and pays an annualized salary of $45,760 ($22.00/hour).