Financial Jobs NYC #21505
Are you an experienced accountant with strong knowledge of mutual funds looking for the next step in your career? Are you an efficient multi-tasker with excellent time management skills?
We are currently seeking a Mutual Fund Accountant for a top New York City investment bank to oversee accounting processes and assist with mutual funds. The ideal candidate will have previous experience working with mutual fund accounting procedures and processes, posses strong communication skills and be an expert at Excel.
Mutual Fund Accountant Responsibilities:
- Deliver and substantiate mutual fund data to various clients, business groups, and database companies
- Oversee the completion of necessary surveys, worksheets, and any other required documents
- Refresh and maintain databases
- Compile reports and notifications
- Assist with the completion of financial statements, reconciling holdings, accruals, trades, and cash balances
- Corroborate all incoming tax statements
Mutual Fund Accountant Requirements:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2+ years of previous experience in a similar role
- Highly advanced communication skills (both written and oral) for frequent client communication
- Expert-knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word)
- Strong prioritization and time management skills
This Mutual Fund Accountant role is a consulting position that is expected to last at least three (3) months with the possibility of direct hire and pays an annualized salary of $52,000 ($25/hour).