Financial Jobs NYC #21594
Are you a well-organized accountant with excellent communication skills and previous hedge fund experience? Do you enjoy liaising and interacting with clients and coworkers? Are you skilled at explaining often tough concepts and tackling difficult questions? If so, then we may have a wonderful opportunity for you!
We are currently seeking a Hedge Fund Accountant for a top New York City investment bank to assist with accounting practices as they pertain to hedge funds and provide assistance to clients.
Hedge Fund Accountant Responsibilities:
- Manage offshore hedge funds by trading in various investment securities and products
- Oversee the monthly calculation of net asset valuations in order to notify investors and process investor activity (subscriptions and withdrawals)
- Aid in distributing gains and losses to investors and calculate both management and performance fees for hedge fund managers
- Assemble tax lot accounting reports, schedules, ad hoc portfolios, and performance and fee reports
- Provide assistance in the preparation of annual statements and tax returns and the payment of fees and expenses related to the fund
Hedge Fund Accountant Requirements:
- Bachelors degree from a recognized university in Finance or Accounting; CPA greatly preferred
- Minimum 3+ years of relevant hedge fund and public accounting experience
- Extremely well-developed communication and interpersonal skills<
- Proven proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word); Advent Geneva and Advent Partner skills preferred
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills and a strong analytical mind
This Hedge Fund Accountant role is a consulting position that is expected to last at least six (6) months with the possibility of direct hire and pays an annualized salary of $135,200 ($65/hour).